How Do You Apply?Applying is easy and fast!
- Have a picture of your government issued photo ID and any pets (if allowed at the property) and your proof of income ready for uploading.
- Click HERE for the residential application.
- Fill out and pay for one application per person over the age of 17 that will be living in the home. If you have a roommate or guarantor (co-signers) you will need to make sure they indicate it on their applications.
- Notify your current and previous landlords and your current employer that you have applied and someone will most likely be contacting them. THIS IS IMPORTANT TO HELP THINGS MOVE QUICKLY.
- Once submitted, the application is immediately sent to the processor. The processor may not be open on the weekend or a holiday. It may be the following business day before you hear from them or Tandem.
- Once a decision has been made, you will be notified immediately.
- If all the application requirements/standards are met, you will receive a notice from Tandem to submit your earnest money to hold the property. The first applicant, or set of applicants, to have all verifications complete and submit earnest money to Tandem, will have the property temporarily reserved. You cannot pay the earnest money prior to completion of the application(s).
- A lease will be drafted and sent for signatures after receipt of earnest money. Failure to be responsive to requests for scheduling or not signing the lease within five (5) days of receipt will result in forfeit of earnest money and the property placed on the market again.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU GIVE EARNEST MONEY TO HOLD THE PROPERTY AND THEN BACK OUT OF SIGNING THE LEASE, THE EARNEST MONEY WILL BE FORFEITED. DO NOT GIVE EARNEST MONEY UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE GOING TO SIGN THE LEASE AND MOVE IN. IF THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE THAT WILL NEED TO SEE AND APPROVE THE PROPERTY BEFORE YOU CAN SIGN THE LEASE, DO NOT GIVE THE EARNEST MONEY UNTIL THEY HAVE APPROVED.
EARNEST MONEY – IF your application is approved, you will be asked to submit earnest money to hold the property and to have Tandem notify other interested parties that the property is being held. A lease will then be sent electronically for signatures. Failure to sign the lease within five (5) calendar days will result in forfeiture of the earnest money as liquidated damages and the property being made available again. If a lease is signed, credit for earnest money will be applied to a $115 (w/o pet) or $180 (w/pet) administrative fee charged by Tandem for account setup and the remainder applied to the security deposit.RESIDENTIAL APPLICATION
What are the pet policies & fees, & how does the application process work?If pets are allowed at a property, there is a two pet maximum and a non-refundable pet fee of $500 per pet. This fee can be paid over three months for one animal or over six months for two animals. At move out, any tenant with pets agrees to have the unit professionally cleaned and any carpets steam cleaned. This fee does not cover any damage caused by the pet or the cost of cleaning (if necessary). Please note, the pet fees do not go to Tandem. There is an additional $75 added to the administrative charge to Tandem for leases with pets.
Pet owners must provide documentation of a check-up by a veterinarian within the past calendar year, the pet’s shots are up to date, and a picture for Property Manager’s records prior to lease signing.
Dogs considered vicious by insurance company standards (Pit Bull, American Pit Bull, American Staffordshire Terrier, English Bull Terrier, Rottweilers [full breed or mix], Akita [including Japanese and Akita Inu], Bernese [including Mountain Dog, Berner Sennenhund, Bernese Cattle Dog], Canary Dogs [including Perro de Presa Canario], Chow, Doberman, Husky [including American, Eskimo and Greenland; Siberian is okay], Karelian Bear Dog, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Russo-European Laika [including Russian Laika and Karelian Bear Laika], German Shepherd, Mastiff, any breed of guard dog trained to attack, wolf hybrids) are not permitted. This list is not necessarily exhaustive. The foregoing applies to both purebred and mixed breed dogs. Any dogs over 50 pounds will be subject to the property owner’s discretion and terms.
Pets must be spayed or neutered.
Tandem Realty, LLC reserves the right to decline an applicant if the results of the pet application are not satisfactory.
A photo of any pet must be provided. We reserve final judgement in approving all pets.